CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wiki Wiki Wiki (said in a rap voice!)

Well I have set up my wiki! The URL is http://runnread.pbworks.com/ I think it is so exciting that we are learning how to do these things! I never have really known how to do things like this so it is fun to be doing it. I watched the video "Wikis in Plain English" after I had set up my wiki so I had already pretty much figured out what it was talking about. I did learn how to set up a new link to a new page. I just went and tried it out on my own wiki and it worked! The only thing I didn't like is that the new page opens up to a new window. I wish it would just stay in the same window, just a different tab. Oh well...I'm sure there is some cool way to figure that out too!

Another thing I really liked about the video was the easiness of the task. I always thought Wikis were for some really big project, but I like that it showed that it can be used for something as simple as planning a camping trip! I think it would be great to use a wiki to allow students to write their own reviews of books that they are reading. I could add it as a link to my UEN page so students could access it from there. I guess my only concern is do students have to sign up for anything (email, pbworks etc.) to access the wiki? I'm pretty sure that I can change the settings to what I want the public access to be able to be. I will have to look into that.

Well cheers to Wikis! (oh yeah, I also thought it was great to do this because I feel like I have already started on the Wiki assignment so it takes one less step when I have to get that completed...nice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment