So I set up my bloglines account. I was already somewhat familiar with it as I researched it last semester for my blog presentation. I think I even started an account, but I couldn't remember my log-in name so I had to make a new one...good thing it was fast and easy!
I added some of my favorite library blogs and I set up to get the new feeds to this flickr account...http://www.flickr.com/photos/batiks/ Go check it out...the pictures are BEAUTIFUL!!
Thing 14: Newreaders
Well I have been looking at the different "Top" Librarian Blogs, and I have picked out a couple that I like. I like "The Merry Librarian" because she posted pictures, she had book reviews and she just seemed like a normal nice lady. Some of the blogs I looked at were just weird and all it was was writing, writing, writing! Don't get me wrong, I like new information, but I just want to poke my eyes out when all my eye sees are words and more words. I need a pleasant looking blog to look at. I need to see pictures to catch my attention to what I am reading. I guess I am visual person, but when I clicked on a few blogs that were hard to read, only words, and I couldn't find the information quickly I didn't like it. Another blog that I liked was A Librarian's Guide to Etiquette. It might seem funny that I like this because it is pretty plain jane and there aren't any pictures, but I thought that it was pretty funny and entertaining to read. This librarian just offers different random tips on being a librarian, but each post is short and quickly and easily read. Some other blogs that I like to follow even though they aren't on any of those lists are the following: Kiss the Book and The Librariest. I love these blogs because they are from local people here in Utah. Another reason I love them is because they give great book reviews! I don't have time to read all of the books in my library, and I don't have time to always be reading the newest and greatest, but these blogs provide great book reviews by certified librarians. I have subscribed to both of these and plan on following them regularly. So for me, what makes a blog important are ones that provide book reviews and relevant and current information that I feel is relevant to what I am doing in my library (which is really just trying to build the collection so I love the book review blogs!) Another thing that I put a lot of value on is recommendations from people I trust. So if another librarian I know says they really liked this blog, I will go and take a look at it, and most often, I am happy with what I have found!
No comments:
Post a Comment