CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tweet--Tweet!

Thing 15: Twitter
So when I searched for what people were saying about the library/libraries, it really wasn't anything relevant. Lots of them were headed to the library to study and some others said they were head to the library to check out a book. Others said they hated libraries for banning cell phones.....so yeah, I didn't find anything worth looking at.

So I've got to be honest. I will probably never touch twitter again. I don't feel like it would be really helpful for my library. Twitter is definitely not the first place that I would go to publicize any event or happening in my library. I would first post it on my blog; I would send out announcements in the school newsletter; I would post something on the school website; I would let teachers know to tell their students etc. If I sent something out on twitter, I guarantee that not even 30% of my student body would get the message not only because am in a K-8 school, and I am pretty sure that most young kids don't have twitter counts, but they would also need to know my user name and be added as my friend. Ugh...I am feeling blah even just thinking about this. Not going to use Twitter in my library. Although I could maybe possible perhaps see that it might be more useful in a high school library. But in my opinion not as a librarian, I don't like Twitter. For me, it would be another time waster. Plus, I don't think anyone really wants to know what I am doing every second of every day...if they do, they will call and talk to me or I can post it on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment